Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Back to Life, Back to Reality...


Brian, Celia, and Billy backstage in the Green Room

Back in the States, and yes it is bittersweet.

We had such an amazing time, honestly, everything was wonderful.


The opportunity to perform as guests of Royal Festival Hall will stay with me forever. I wish that I could speak more on the details of the whole experience but its somewhat futile.

The best part I guess was sharing part of my culture, which has gotten such a bad rap from time and history was freeing. It made me feel a pride I have never really felt before.

There isn't a way to put into words what happened. Well yes, there is I guess but not without either over simplification or over hyping. I told one of my 5th graders when he asked what I was going to do in England and I responded by saying, " I have a gig."

Its true.

But what a gig.

Anyhoo, here are more pics. Cheers!


Nicole at the piano in the BBC studios (Kwame in background)




Chris and I backstage in the Green room



The whole group at the BBC studio recording. Great pic Alex, Thanks!



Me and Bea at the BBC!! (i love to rhyme)


Composer, Poet, Friend, Kevin Simmonds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home